300 River Place, Suite 3000
Detroit, MI 48207
1900 W. Big Beaver, Suite 203
Troy, MI 48084
Abbott Nicholson moved into its current headquarters in 1998, occupying 16,000 square feet of the third floor of Stroh River Place, on Joseph Campau Street between the Detroit River and Jefferson Avenue.
The offices are part of a campus of historic buildings that made up the former Parke-Davis & Co. pharmaceutical factory. Purchased by the Stroh Brewery family in 1979, the 25-acre River Place campus encompasses 15 buildings, 301 residences and the boutique Roberts Riverwalk Hotel.
The firm was located in the Buhl Building in downtown Detroit during its first 10 years, and then moved to the 15th and 19th floors of what is now known as the One Woodward Avenue Building before relocating to River Place.
Abbott Nicholson hired SmithGroup JJR, one of its clients, as architect and designer of the River Place offices. The building featured floor-to-ceiling windows along the outside and an inner courtyard that allow natural light to flood the offices. The architects aligned the hallways and used glass walls to enhance the daylight.
All offices are the same size and are grouped by practice areas to encourage collaboration.